Fiera Real Estate’s UK division recognises the importance of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and acknowledges that embracing principles of ESG and responsible investment also helps position the firm to effectively address shifting regulatory, environmental and societal issues – considerations that have become increasingly important in terms of attracting and retaining clients and partners.
Our ESG Vision
We aspire to become a leader in ESG integration. We aim to provide our investors with increased income and capital appreciation through best-in-class portfolio ESG performance.
Our ESG Principles
- Environment: minimising and managing environmental impacts;
- People: respecting and empowering employees
- Governance: operating to the highest standard of corporate governance
- Business Ethics: operating to the highest standard of ethical standards; and
- Community: delivering positive community engagement.
Fiera Real Estate’s Executive Sustainability Committee oversees our ESG strategy and implementation. Our Sustainability Policy governs ESG management to help us realise our vision.
We systematically embed ESG factors into our businesses strategy, policies and practices, with respect to investments and developments, asset management, portfolio management and stakeholder engagement. We work with our property managers to identify opportunities to further improve performance and set a consistent operational standard.
Fiera Real Estate also supports responsible business practices by participating in industry initiatives such as the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) assessment and is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
We have been supporting LandAid, the property industry charity fighting against youth homelessness, since 2006 and became a foundation partner in 2014. Throughout our regional network, we have many individuals highly involved with the charity from fundraising committees, lead ambassadors and regional Chairs helping to create new money-making and life changing initiatives.
ESG Performance Highlights
- Signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment
- Achieved GRESB ranking
- Provide ESG training for employees and third-party managers
- Participate in industry ESG working groups